Information that Reason to B collects from you (including personal information)
Reason to B directly collects information when you:
- Sign up for a Reason to B user account;
- Enroll and participate in online courses;
- Purchase a product or service
- Send email messages to Reason to B (including messages for learner support);
- Participate in user surveys; and
- Participate in interactive experiences on the Reason to B site.
Reason to B also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the Reason to B site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
Reason to B does not itself collect or store financial account numbers. However, if you choose to make a purchase on the Reason to B site, for example, enrollment in the B Corp Basics course, you will be directed to Reason to B’s third-party payment processor. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain access to your purchases via the Reason to B site.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies on the Reason to B Site
- Based on your cookie settings, Reason to B tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Reason to B site and B Corp Basics course were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- Reason to B may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type) you used when accessing the Reason to B site, and Reason to B may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- Reason to B may track and collect information from emails that Reason to B sends you, for example, whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. Including:
- Modifying your browser settings. You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings.
How Your Information Is Used
Reason to B use information, including personal information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Reason to B site and B Corp Basics course. This includes creating and improving features that support the Reason to B community and B Corp Basics’ course users and enable Reason to B site and B Corp Basics course usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the Reason to B site, so your learning experience is tailored to meet your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide and teach courses. This includes creating and improving the delivery of online courses on the Reason to B site. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services. This includes enabling you to navigate the Reason to B site, to enroll and participate in courses, and to learn effectively in such courses.
- Communicate with you. This includes answering your course platform questions, notifying you of course and Reason to B site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, and related products and services of Reason to B or Reason to B affiliates, including Oliver Russell.
- Track Reason to B usage against goals and mission. This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses to report aggregate usage information (not personal information) to external audiences and partners.
Reason to B may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you.
How Your Information Is Shared
Reason to B shares information, including personal information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With employers or other enterprises that sponsor your enrollment in a course for training or other educational purposes. If an entity pays for or otherwise sponsors your course participation, Reason to B will share information with the entity as needed to confirm your enrollment, participation, progress and completion status in that course.
Access and Correct Your Personal Information
Much of your personal information is made available to you via your Reason to B account. Your name, email address, payment information, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your Reason to B account.
Resist or Object To The Processing of Personal Information
If you wish to manage your emails or other communication, you may update your preferences by contacting Reason to B. You may also object to, or request that Reason to B stop its use of your personal information for other purposes by contacting Reason to B. Please be aware that if you choose to restrict Reason to B’s ability to process personal information, you may not be able. To. Establish a Reason to B account or enroll in B Corp Basics and Reason to B may be unable to provide you with services or products.
Delete Account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your Reason to B account, please contact Reason to B. Because deletion on the Reason to B system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, Reason to B may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the Reason to B account affected by your deletion request.
By deleting your account, Reason to B will permanently:
- Deactivate your Reason to B account,
- Remove the active profile,
- Retire your username,
- Suspend access to your course(s),
- Remove you. from Reason to B email communications.
With respect to your personal information, deleting your Reason to B account will delete your Reason to B account profile personal information from the Reason to B site.
Reason to B will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services, to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit and compliance purposes; and to comply with legal obligations.
Storage and Security
Reason to B stores information, including personal information, on its own servers and also on servers of companies that Reason to B hires to provide services. Information may be stored in the United States and in other countries where Reason to B operates and in countries where Reason to B third party providers operate.
Reason to B uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information that is collected, stored or transmitted via the Reason to B site. Users acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and therefore, Reason to B and Oliver Russel cannot guarantee absolute security.
If Reason to B or Oliver Russell learns of a security breach involving its copy of your personal information, Reason to B may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate steps to protect your personal information. By using the Reason to B site or providing personal information to Reason to B, you agree that Reason to B can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Reason to B site.